Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FAST Wizard help needed!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 firedingo

firedingo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

Hi everybody, so I know that there has been a million and one posts on this but I too need some help concerning the god damn FAST Wizard.

So The story is my mum was upgrading her computer and wanted her files moved across. I was going to use Macrium reflect but she talked me into using fast (I curse myself for this).
I go to restore the files on her new computer and the wizard hates it. By this time the original hdd no longer had the files so all I had was those damn fast wizard files.

Now it's about a year later and I'm still looking for an answer. Everything I try fails. I don't even care if I have to manually sit here and pull the files out 1 by 1.
Currently I have 4 USMT2IMG.DAT files since at the time I only had thumb drives to work with. At the moment the files are sitting inside their folders which are inside numbered folders so I can tell the order of the files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and simple instructions/directions would be nice since I'm so very confused about solving this problem.

Thanks,
Naomi

P.S. Just remembering I should add that my mum's computer at the time was XP SP3 and I'm currently working off of a windows 7 SP1.

Edited by firedingo, 19 November 2011 - 06:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Hi -
These 2 articles both list the good and BAD reasons for using FAST and some results that you can expect. It would have paid you to have fully read them first.
File and Settings Transfer Wizard: friend or foe? and File & Settings Transfer Wizard - 14 Oct 2007

One problem you will be having is transfering from XP to Win 7 also. Did you run the "Compatability Wizard" with the programs/files to be transferred ??

Good luck, as you will need it -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users