Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help resolving FF crashes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ziva

Ziva

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hi,

I need help please. I use the latest version of FF. Have had no problem till today when I went to abcnews.com website. The site loaded and I went to check and see what was on 20/20 tonight. Then suddenly FF crashed. I got the usual popup telling me to either restart/quit FF and send a crash report. I clicked restart and the abc page tried loading again but after a couple of minutes FF crashed again. I clicked on restart new session and went back to FF google homepage. All seemed fine till I went to caringbridge.com and FF crashed again. I restarted a new session and tried other sites I visit daily. And they all crashed. Including gmail.

I then did what trouble shooting that I know to do. I opened FF again and disabled all add-ons. Still crashed. I switch to safe mode in FF. Still crashed. Fearing that I picked up a bug I scanned by PC with my paid version of malwarebyte's. The scan came up clean. To be sure I re-started PC and went to safe mode and scanned again. Still scan was clean. I then scanned with my Avast anti-virus. That came up clean.

Internet explorer works. But since I dislike it I immediately DL Google's Chrome which I am currently using.

I've googled for help with FF, but can't find anything helpful or rather that I can understand. If anyone has any clues on how to restore FF back to working order I would be most appreciative.

Thank you,

Ziva

Windows XP home with XP 3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Try to create new profile: HERE

Edited by Broni, 18 November 2011 - 10:00 PM.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Ziva

Ziva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

Thank you for the help. I followed the step-by step guide and created a new profile. But when I click to start FF with the new profile, it opened and crashed instantly. When I went back to the default profile. It opened and stayed opened for about a minute before crashing.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Uninstall Firefox completely using this manual: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox
It's very important not to skip any steps.

Install fresh copy.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Ziva

Ziva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Thank you. Uninstalling/re-installing FF did the trick. FF is playing nice again.

Thank you for your time and your help.

Ziva

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users