Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer - Dialog Box

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stubs

stubs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

A dialog box that says:

"An error has occured in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will close now. If this problem persists, restart your computer."

I can then click on "ok" or close the dialog box. Either way usually kicks me off of whatever it is I'm doing. It won't kick me off the internet but off of whatever site I'm on.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

Could be that the site you were trying to view caused internet explorer to crash. See if it only does it when viewing that site. If that doesn't work then try doing A few virus and spyware/malware scans.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

When the dialog box appears, click Send Report. The Windows error reporting service will see if your problem is known, and if so, will direct you to a web site with more information on how to fix it.

If it is not a known problem, do virus and malware scans, as WlkingMan suggested.
Run these online virus scanners:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Also this online Trojan scanner:
TrojanScan

Are you using these basic security programs?
(They're all free.)
aČ free
ewido security suite
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D

These 2, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed in the first place:
Spywareblaster
SpywareGuard

Download these programs, update them, and then run them.
These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...

When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Important:
Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.

Helpful Tutorials:
Using Ad-Aware SE
Using SpywareBlaster
Using SpywareGuard
Using Ewido

You can also try updating, or disabling, Internet Explorer plug-ins:
Open IE.
At the top, click Tools, and select Manage Add-ons...
Just follow the direction in the Manage Add-ons... box.

Another thing to try, is a repair/reinstall of IE:
How to Repair Internet Explorer
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users