Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login Password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cvos

cvos

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

I just got an old computer from my work and they do not have the login password for it anymore, how can I get past the log in screen? I have tried the most common like password and a few names but nothing works. What can I do? Not really wanting to have to reinstall XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hi cvos -
Just from using Google, this is a quick answer for you -
You can use the hidden administrator account to change the password of the account:

*When your PC starts up, hit the F8 button before you see the Windows Splash screen.

*Select Boot in safe mode and hit enter.

*When you reach the login screen, you should now see the administrator account. Access it like any other account.

To change a password, go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>User Accounts(yes again)>click on the account you want to change> click "Change the password" and restart normally.

Regards -

#3 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

I have tryed that and the only thing that comes up is a login screen and no users. I see no way around it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users