Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Slow To Turn Off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clank

clank

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:14 PM

Hi, Running XP home with SP2

When I go to turn my computer off I first get an error message saying Program ending ccApp,

then that goes off and the screen with all my icons on hangs for a while,

then the screen goes blue saying logging off that hangs too,

then a message saying Saving settings but that doesn't hang too long,

then a message saying Saving settings, that hangs a while too, then the computer closes down I have done some Trojan and spy ware scans at your recommended on line sites but nothing shows up,

any help as where to start to sort this problem Please

Clank :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:42 PM

ccApp is part of a norton or symantec program, and it seems to hang on closing with a lot of people. It is generally okay to tell it to close.

#3 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the quick reply

I don't need to tell it to close as it goes off the screen without me doing anything. Its just the length of time it takes to close down is there anyway of getting it back to the way it was before it takes ten times longer now,

Clank

#4 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

Hi All Good news

Did a Norton Internet Security Live Update today at 3pm, automatically Down loaded what was there, It was a security settings update for The Person Firewall and Yes my problem has gone, so it was them in the first place that caused the problem.. The other problem with receiving and sending E mails has also been fixed.

Hope this helps others.

Clank
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users