Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leewoxen

leewoxen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

WIndows 7 64bit home edition used to go into sleep mode until I used computer again. The monitor would go dark, etc. to save power. Now it wakes up after being asleep at random intervals...sometimes a few minutes and sometimes longer. I've looked at what should wake up the computer which is now set to only mouse and keyboard. I use EASUS backup which is supposed to run at midnight but the sleep mode is erratic both before and after that time. I've even tried removing the backup software and it still happens. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hi leewoxen and welcome -
Can you please list the computer Make and Model (or is this a HP - More common problem) -

Thank You -

#3 leewoxen

leewoxen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

Gateway SX2800 if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users