Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TxRunner2003

TxRunner2003

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:46 PM

i need some help with my computer. Ok my computer has been acting up at times it will not let you click on any icon at all, i then try to click start but nothing will happen. I ran test from pcpitstop.com to see whats wrong with it everything came up fine except some adware & spyware but i got rid of those but the memory was fine it said. I ran virus scans & run spyware & adware scans & they come up clean however my computer is great 1 minute then starts acting up the next but i dont get any messages saying my virtual memory is to low what can the problem be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

It could be A number of this but it is most likely do to spyware in which you cannot detect. First though I want to ask A question: Were you trying to load an application when this happened?

Edited by WlkingMan, 31 January 2006 - 02:57 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

There are a number of reasons your computer could be running slowly. The first thought is of course to look at the possibility of viruses or spyware.

Do you have up to date antivirus and antispyware software on your machine? Checking occasionally at an online site is okay, but it is easy to be reinfected and some viruses and spyware will reinstall themselves.

Go to this site to look at posting a Hijack This Log. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Once we are sure that your computer is clean, if necessary we can look at other possible problems.

#4 TxRunner2003

TxRunner2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

yeah i tried to open up applications like mozilla firefox & my computer but also it does nothing when i just try to open up the control panel. I am going to try the Hijack This log but i do keep getting the same pop up of winfixer & i have noticed the Virtumonde when i scanned with microsoft antispyware & had it removed atleast i hope b/c i hit the option to remove it

Edited by TxRunner2003, 31 January 2006 - 03:24 PM.

#5 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:29 PM

Sounds like you either have one too many programs running at the same time (They are likely set to run on windows startup), or you have spyware/malware issues in which posting the hijack log should fix. If your system crashes while trying to run hijack this then try booting in safemode and running it.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users