Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Problems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shiestykat

shiestykat

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

My system crashes when Im viewing a video in youtube or browsing the web...
Help!

I was just about to start a thread on this. Same thing happens to me regardless of what browser I use (Google Chrome, Firefox, IE) although when I use FF it just immediately freezes upon streaming a video while the others only crash after a few viewings. I always get an error message saying the Shockwave player has crashed, then I can't do anything else but reset my pc myself. Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2011 - 09:01 PM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

For troubleshooting, open Control Panel (all items view) > Internet Options > under Programs tab > Manage add-ons > select Shockwave Flash Object > Disable > Close.

Visit the site that is causing problems and see what happens.

#3 shiestykat

shiestykat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Still getting locked up after a few views, especially if I open multiple windows. Never had this issue before until about a month ago. I'm also getting a lot of error messages when I boot up. I'll write them down and post em next time I log on.

#4 shiestykat

shiestykat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Ok here's the error messages I'm getting on start up:

DiscUpdMgr.exe .Net framework initialization error. Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application.

Run DLL Error loading C:\Windows\egapubikehej.dll the specified module could not be found.

don't know if that has anything to do with my problem but I figured I should mention it just in case.

Edited by shiestykat, 18 November 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Still getting locked up after a few views....

You are able to view flash videos on YouTube after disabling Shockwave Flash Object? :unsure:

Go here and run the Flash Player uninstaller for your version of Windows:http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Then here to uninstall Shockwave:http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#sp

Afterward (after reboot), download the latest release of Flash and Shockwave from Adobe.

If the problem persists, we'll go one step further.

#6 shiestykat

shiestykat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

I followed all the steps ran it for a bit today and after a few views it crashed again. My PC restarted and got the usual "your system has just recovered from a serious error" message. I guess we need to go one step further lol.

#7 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Run DLL Error loading C:\Windows\egapubikehej.dll the specified module could not be found.

Looks like malware to me.
It wouldn't hurt to post in the Am I infected? Forum if you can't get this straightened out.

Regards,
Brooks

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Have you taken a look at the errors reflected in Event Viewer...which approximate the timings of your problems?

Louis

#9 kenith

kenith

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

try cleaning the inside of your computer...reseating the ram and vid card if you have one...be very careful around the heatsink(fan covering your cpu)and fins...that might give you a little more power to run videos...it might even clear up some of the error messages you are getting...

#10 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

Updating the graphics card may help as well.

#11 shiestykat

shiestykat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

My drivers are up to date and I cleaned my computer with compressed air a week ago. I'm going to post in the I am infected section and see if they can help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users