Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:43 PM
Tried to install yet again so I could be more specific.
1. I initiate Express Install for SP3 after selecting the Windows update icon in the quick launch menu
2. Software Update Install Wizard begins running
3. Wizard creates backups, creates a restore point, and begins installing SP3
4. After approximately 15 minutes, a dialog box appears with the title "Service Pack 3 Setup...". In the box, it reads, "Access is denied".
5. I select OK to undo partial changes
6. Dialog box appears, which reads "Service Pack 3 installation did not complete. Windows XP has been partially updates and may not work properly."
I have tried to install SP3 several times and always get the same error message.