Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ping Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pinged

Pinged

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Ok so on my desktop (I'm writing this post on my laptop) I have been having a problem with the ping.exe executable.

It'll start running and take up on average 900,000kb of processing which clogs my pc's processor.

I know ping.exe is Microsoft Certified, and is necessary, but it is being used by some program maliciously and it's annoying as hell!

The strange thing is if I rename the actual ping.exe to say pinger.exe or pinger1.exe I'll see a new ping.exe pop up with the same credentials as if it were a factory installed executable, modified date and all! I don't know what program is causing the trouble and comprehensive virus scans have found only one minor malware program, but that didn't solve anything.

Any help will be appreciated. I wish it was as simple as deleting the malware program manually and that be that.

I am have the same problem, I have to open windows task manager and end process on the ping.exe every 30 seconds, because it keeps coming up and taking over running high, so I can even be here to type this, none of the malware or hijack this is picking up anything, even reinstalled ie, java, and a few others stopped unessesary start ups, disabled auto updates etc etc etc. Still no luck, and other web site's techies are running around in circles or closing posts because they can't find what it is. Germany has a lot of posts but I can't read German to see if they have a solution yet.

Good luck with this, I hope you find a solution soon.

Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2011 - 09:03 PM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read/follow the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include all requested logs and include a link to this thread.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2011 - 09:06 PM.
Minor edits.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users