Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Have A Qoologic-t

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 upnorthfireman

upnorthfireman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

Hello bleepingcomputer.com!

I'm on lunch at work so I have to keep this short. I know I've been infected but i cant get rid of it. It all started with Spy Sheriff and I'm shure multiple others at the same time. I am running on ME and this is my bosses(shops) laptop. I feel I have an obligation to fix it since I'm the one that messed it up. I also am using avast virus scan. It keeps finding Win32:Qoologic-T [trj] and can't get rid of it. The only reason I'm able to get online at all is due to the fact that I'm only allowing the necc. startup files to boot. Neither adaware no spybot have helped with the current issue(spybot has found some spysheriff remnants). There have been many other things that I've read in forums that reference ewido(doesn't work on ME) but I can't use it. If anyone thinks that can help, I'll be patiently waiting in norther MI. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hi There :thumbsup:

I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review. I bet you are wondering what HijackThis is. Well it's a program that is simply able to show others what's going on inside your computer, in terms of infection etc..If you have Qoologic it can be a real bugger to remove.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having; you may want to post a link back to this thread. Please wait for a few days and one of our experts will get onto fixing your computer for you.

David

#3 upnorthfireman

upnorthfireman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

Hello D-Trojanator

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and offering your assistance. I have downloaded Hijack this and have seen the scans. Some of the items I've seen I've removed(probably not the wisest choise) but the are all backed up and can be reinserted for review if need be(did it just to get the thing back on the internet) I will follow the preperation guide to the T this time(thought I could fix it myself). Again thank you David

Jason

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:00 PM

:thumbsup: --> If you have any questions along the way don't hesitate to ask
David

#5 upnorthfireman

upnorthfireman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hello again,

Sorry about the double reply, but I just thought of a few quick questions. I don't believe it will but should I do a normal boot (not selective startup) for the hijack this log? Also should I reinsert the fixed objects from the previous hijack fixes I've tried and will this cause any further unrest in the system? Just wondering.

Jason

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

Hi upnorthfireman

I recommend that you don't restore the items you have fixed, but leave your system as it is. Run the scans and run HJT in normal mode. No need for selective booting :thumbsup:

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users