Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old Gateway Project PLEASE HELP ME!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrgogfo

mrgogfo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Today I Found an old Gateway desktop computer, and apparently something is wrong. due to the fact that i am currently looking for a job, i have a little free time during the day. I figured that i would use this old computer as a project... i want to get it in working order. a couple of plugs were unplugged and i plugged them in where i knew they went, but when i go to turn on the computer nothing happens. on the screen it says no signal, until i messed around with the wires and power button then it said power saver mode. the people who were throwing it out said that it had only been outside for a day and that it didnt rain or anything. so im hoping someone can help me. i posted a link to my imageshack album with some pictures of the inside and things that can possibly be missing. if you want to help and need some more info or pics, just post a reply below. PLEASE HELP ME! also i have no experience fixing computers, but this project has gotten me interested. Oh and it says Windows XP on it so thats why i posted it under this category. Thanks In Advance To Anyone Who Can Help Me. :)
http://imageshack.us/g/6/wtfre.jpg/

Mod Edit: Removed email address as protection from spambots, etc. on the Web ~ Hamluis

Edited by mrgogfo, 17 November 2011 - 03:50 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,378 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Seems to me it would be simpler and less laborious...and more practical...to ask someone locally who is knowledgeable about computers.

It's not calculus, at the user stage :)...should not be hard to locate local contacts unless you live on a mountain with no neighbors, friends, etc. :).

Just my thoughts.

Louis

#3 mrgogfo

mrgogfo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

i am looking around for a local professional in my area, i just thought id try this forum to see if anyone could help. Thanks for the feedback. :) But still anyone feel free to post a reply if you can help. Thanks Again.

Edited by mrgogfo, 16 November 2011 - 09:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users