Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

extend C drive-reformat?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teenabeena

teenabeena

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

My sister gave me her laptop because she knows nothing about computers and couldn't use it. It is a Gateway Model MT6728 Windows Vista 32-bit system. She said the system had a bunch of viruses but they fixed that and removed everything off the system. I booted up the system and am getting low disk space errors. There are no programs loaded. There is a C drive and a D drive. Nothing is on the D drive at all and there is 137.91 GB of free space. The C drive only has 83MB of free space out of 11.14 GB.
I've tried to extend the C drive, but the option is grayed out in Disk Management. I tried to delete the D drive, but the option is grayed out in Disk Management.
I do not have install disks.
Is there anything I can do to make the computer usable?
I'm not use to Vista, is there a way to reformat and re-partition if you do not have the install disks? I could not find any where to make a restore disk.

Thanks for any help you can give

teenabeena

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

Have a look here:

Extend Or Expand Volume Of Windows Partition In Windows 7/Vista http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/extend-or-expand-volume-of-windows-partition-in-vista/

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users