Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless printer & laptop not connecting since changing ISP provider

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blue100

blue100

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I bought a Kodak wireless printer recently and it was working perfectly until I changed wifi/broadband provider. I input the new password into the printer and it says that it has set up properly. Laptop is working fine with new wifi also. But when I try to print, laptop tells me that printer isn't connected. It works with USB cable but that's not what I need. I have also removed the printer and reinstalled to no effect. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Blue100

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hi,

As you have changed the access point (router) of the printer to your computer, you will need to set up the printer wireless again.
It would help us a lot if you can provide the make and model of your computer and also the model of your kodak wireless printer.

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

#3 blue100

blue100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hi,

The printer is a Kodak ESP 5250 and the laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110. I did set up the printer again, but it didn't work.

Many thanks.

Niamh

#4 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

How did you reinstall the printer? Do you see any option to install it wireless or as a usb?
Also, have you tried uninstalling first the printer then reinstall it wireless just like the same way you did before?
I am checking kodak's website support and it does state there that on their start here guide it explains it, unfortunately I cannot
find any start here guide that is available online.

#5 blue100

blue100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

I uninstalled and then input the disk and followed the standard installation instructions. Yes, there was an option to select wireless and when I did it tells me there is no connection.

Thanks.

Niamh

#6 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

It seems that the printer is still setup with your old router OR it is not picking up your new router. Check the wireless setup guide from their website.
Here is the link.

Edited by booterbotter , 18 November 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#7 blue100

blue100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Thanks, got sorted via Kodak online help centre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users