Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows delayed write failed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 momofive

momofive

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

We had an Open Cloud Security Virus a month or so ago and our computer hasn't run well since. My husband and I followed steps to remove it and it seemed okay but then we encountered another problem. When turning on the computer the background is niw gray instead of a picture and there are no longer any shortcut icons. Also when opening the START menu, the only program that is shown is a Gateway document file which is empty. After a couple mins the System Restore comes up with an option to scan for errors and then about 20 error warnings of "Windows delayed writing failed" flash across the screen. Each box reads "Failed to save all the components for the file \\System32\\000025ba. The file is corrupted or unreadable. This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem." Other errors pop up when I try to access files.

I tried to do a system restore by pressing F11 and was prompted to insert a disc (which I don't have). Now I cannot pull up system restore by typing F11. I tried to restore the computer to an earlier setting but the message popped up "System Restore cannot protect your computer. Please restart your computer then run system restore again". The question is...do I allow the scan to go and detect problems? I am worried that this will further damage my computer. Any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 16 November 2011 - 04:20 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum to make sure your system is free of malware. My guess is that it is not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users