Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I LOVE ComboFix.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OHaiDere2384

OHaiDere2384

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

I was recently infected with malware that would redirect me every single time I click a search result in Google.com. I've tried Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy 2, and TDSSKiller and none of those worked for me. I asked my friend what would be a great free anti-malware program to use and he recommended me ComboFix if the programs I've tried didn't work. So, I downloaded ComboFix, and let it run on my computer. To my amazement, it actually got rid of the redirecting malware on my computer that other anti-malware programs failed to get rid of, or even detect. ComboFix automatically runs when you download it, and it shuts down programs and your internet later in the scanning process to prevent the malware from redownloading itself. It automatically detects and deletes malware on its own, no clicking required. It also saves a log at the end of the process so that you can see what infected files and folders were deleted. I was amazed at this, and I'd recommend ComboFix to anyone who has annoying malware that they just can't get rid of with other programs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,835 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

While we are glad you were successful in ridding yourself of malware, we strongly advise against using ComboFix without supervision. ComboFix is only part of the equation of removing malware.

Please see the following information about why we make this suggestion.

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Poe1974

Poe1974

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Like Animal Said above. Its a great program but you really need to be directed when to use it as it is so powerful. If used at the wrong time you can make things a hundred times worse.
Posted Image

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

FWIW SpyBot Search and Destroy 2 is still in beta testing and is not yet ready for the public
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

I LOVE ComboFix

I do not!

Edited by Computer-man, 01 December 2011 - 08:50 AM.

#6 FRiNKEL

FRiNKEL

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

ComboFix can fix a lot, but you have to follow everything an advisor tells you to.
Once when using it with supervision, while it was making a Find3M report it froze and I thought the problem was solved, so I just exited out of it.
Little did I know that, when I exited out, ComboFix had yet to re-enable my Internet. That because quite a problem.
"I've done so much with so little for so long, they now expect me to do the impossible with nothing." - Source unknown to me

#7 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

ComboFix can fix a lot, but you have to follow everything an advisor tells you to.

Wise decission, but an advisor cannot knows anything also got he or she an education for this.
Of course when you use Combofix under guidance and there is a problem, than is it his or her problem how he or she fix that.
But when an end-user use this alone and there is a problem, yeah what shall I saying..........

:wacko: You do know what I do mean with this.

But I can also tell to everyone, when you working safely than is there no risk.
When an user says to his or her self, do I dare take the risk that working with Combofix will be good, than dear members don't take any risks.
When someone use Combofix, you must care that you will shut off the antic Virusscan and the Firewall.
But I say more than I wanted, I say now, when there is a problem, ask for help, two people do know more than one, okay.

Edited by Computer-man, 03 December 2011 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users