Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Probliem: Reciving Blue Screen Error Message

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sorcha

sorcha

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:16 AM

The problem Iím currently having is that when i insert a DVD into the E drive, the computer automatically reverts to a blue screen
This is the error message I receive:

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is
identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check
with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video
adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable
BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need
to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBFA8FE84, 0xB59B8BD0, 0x00000000)

***SISGRV.dll- Address BFA8FE84 base at BF9D4000, Datestamp 41DA5D52

Begging dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

A friend mentioned that it might have something to do with using a video iPod.
I recently downloaded a program called 'PQ DVD' which converts files to the Ipod Video format.

Following this hint i uninstalled this program as well as itunes and tried viewing a dvd again and the problem persists.

Other information:
DVD players on my pc include:
Windows Media player
Power Cinema
QuickTime

Current Drives:
C Drive: HDD
D Drive: Data
E Drive: DVD-RW

Other information:
After restart I get linked to this page: HERE
DVD I inserted was A childrenís Disney DVD when I insert another dvd (DVD Video) it seems to work ok!

I have no idea how or why this is happening any advice is welcome!
thank your for reading!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:43 PM

The problem may not be with your dvd player. The 0x0000008E error message refers to a ram problem. It can be caused by faulty ram or there is an issue in Windows that can cause an incorrect reading. Here is a windows bulletin on the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q315335

There is a fix, but the recommendation is to make sure all windows xp updates are installed on your computer.

If this doesn't work, you may want to try unplugging your ram modules one at a time and rebooting, if the problem then goes away you have bad ram.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:15 AM

The link that you provided is to a device driver error page.

The error points to SISGRV.dll as where the error occurred.

Most likely this is an error with your SiS chipset drivers, or with an onboard SiS video card. Please try updating those drivers to see if it cures the problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 sorcha

sorcha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:43 PM

Most likely this is an error with your SiS chipset drivers, or with an onboard SiS video card. Please try updating those drivers to see if it cures the problem.

how do i update them?
and thankies to you both for replying having my dad check the ram later as well!
xoSorcha

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

To find the drivers, we'll need the exact make and model of your computer. If it's a custom build, we'll need the exact make and model of your motherboard.

This will let us look up the website for the chipset and figure out which are the right drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:58 PM

You may be able to update the drivers using your device manager.

Open the device manager, click on the + sign to the left of the word "display adapters" which will then show you the video card you are using.

Double click on the video card - that will pop up the properties box.

Select the "driver" tab at the top of the box.

Click "Update Drivers".

#7 sanjusmart87

sanjusmart87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

when i start my pc it gives an error in blue screen &after restart pc it gives again .what should i do ?
error is

Technical Information
Stop: 0x0000008E(0xC0000005,OXBF9D8A6F,0XED8C9DA4,0X00000000)
SISGRV.DLL-ADDRESS BF9D8A6F BASE AT BF9D3000 DATESTAMP 3CC682B2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users