Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 computers now infected. Wonderful.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PR1032

PR1032

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

I posted this on the MBAM forums and got no response.

So last week my PC was infected with some kind of virus. It started out giving me that whole fake security program thing, which MBAM removed outright, then I started getting those notices that MBAM had blocked access to PING.exe". Anyway, its an old PC so I decided to scrap it and just use my laptop. I unplugged the internet outright and I transferred my files from my PC to my laptop via jump drive.

Everything was fine for a few days, NOW MY LAPTOP IS INFECTED! I installed Kaspersky's virus software which scanned my computer, however malwarebytes still claims to be blocking access to programs like ping.exe, avp.exe, svhost.exe etc etc.

First question is WHAT DO I DO?!

Second question is there any way to keep or transfer the files on my PC without transferring the virus as well? Do you think thats how it spread in the first place?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PR1032

PR1032
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Please guys, I need the computer for my job.

#3 iamesauce

iamesauce

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Assuming you are talking about SystemFix / SystemRestore, try this. I had to remove it last night.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-fix

#4 PR1032

PR1032
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Nah, the one I got was System Security 2011 and it was removed with MBAM. To tell you the truth, the only symptom I notice is the constant access blocks by MBAM to programs like Ping.exe, AVP.exe, svchost.exe to IPs which are typically registered in the Russian Federation.

#5 PR1032

PR1032
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Seriously guys? Over 80 views and noone can help me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users