Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS\system32\lsplha.dll...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Colorsplashed

Colorsplashed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hi,

I am having some major problems with the following error message:

"The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsplha.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"

The error message on the top of the box references various programs, always with the exact same error message beneath as above. For example, it has said:
"chrome.exe - Bad Image"
"GoogleUpdate.exe - Bad Image"
"360Amigo.exe - Bad Image"
"APVXDWIN.EXE - Bad Image"
all of which it seems to cycle through randomly, but the details in the message are always exactly the same, and always referencing the lsplha.dll file.

I have looked for the LSPLHA.dll file in the WINDOWS\system32 folder, and it tells me that it was created 27 October 2011. Nothing springs to mind about why this would be.

I have searched for "lsplha.dll" through Google but nothing comes up, so I have no idea what it is.

So far to try to solve the problem, I have:

Run '360Amigo Pro' which found a few issues but not this one.
Run Panda IS 2012 for netbooks, which again found files that it removed, but the problem remains.
I have also scanned my system with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and HouseCall from Trend Micro, neither of which found anything at all.
I already had AVG 2012 (free) running.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome completely when the problem first started, as the error seems to reference Chrome the most. Again, the problem is still there.

I have tried to use IE rather than Chrome. This loads, but as soon as I try to type anything into Google (set as home page), just completely closes itself.

I attempted to run sfc / scannow but the black box pops up and immediately closes - too fast for me to see anything on there at all.

I also have the possible difficulty of the fact that this is a netbook, so I cannot use installation discs at all, ie. a Windows installation disc if needed.

I'm usually fairly ok with finding the answers for PC problems and figuring them out, but this has got me completely stuck, and I'm far from an expert on the subject.

Any help offered would be enormously appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Since it's a netbook and seems to have undefined problems...why not just do the factory restore to defaults?

The filename you included in your title...draws nothing per Google.

My take on "bad image" errors is that they are indicative of possible file corruption...possible malware.

Disregarding malware for the moment...I think that a string of different "bad image" errors would lead me to suspect partition/file system/hard drive problems. I would run the chkdsk /r command to see if more data can be obtained regarding my suspicions.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system, the command will execute before booting into Windows.

If any onscreen error messages come up during the running of chkdsk /r, please write them down and post in your next post.

I would further suggest that you cease using programs such as 360Amigo.

The avpxdwin file is related to Panda.

If you have both AVG and Panda security products installed...this can also lead to unknown system problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users