Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win98 Driver Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:19 AM

Ok so I built this computer out of spare parts and so drivers are an issue. I dont have internet on this computer (driver issue) and I was wondering if there was anyway to D/L the drivers or perhaps another copy of the Win98 disk using my primary computer

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:01 AM

Download them all and burn them to a CD. If you have to do a reinstall you will have them all. The short answer is Yes. make a common folder them burn the whole folder.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:17 AM

If you're not sure just which drivers to look for, you can get a thorough analysis of the system components by installing the free Everest Home software and examining the report it will generate.

If you have trouble identifying what you need, you can post the report and someone will help you out.

Some of the commonest drivers to need are motherboard chipset drivers, sound, video card, LAN adaptor, or modem drivers.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users