Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CureIt says Avira is infected with trojans and backdoors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 goldenarrow

goldenarrow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

I just downloaded CureIt because I have a yahoo/google redirect virus. Nothing is detecting it to remove it so far. I have used MBAB and Avira free plus used Super antispyware. All of these softwares I have used for years now but none helped so I installed CureIt and some other antivirus program today. While running cureit in the express mode it caught nothing so I am doing a completer scan. Now it is saying 137 files of my Avira antivirus software is infected with either trojans or backdoors. What the heck??? Is this a false positive where one antivirus is competing with another? I decided not to have any of these files removed because I worried that cureit was falsely targeting a program that has worked fine for me just didn't do what I needed in this instance.

Can someone tell me if an antivirus software can actually become infected by the very trojans and backdoors it is meant to guard and remove???
Is CureIt being overly suspicious and naming things in Avira as trojans and backdoors that are actually viable components of the software? I need to know if I should be worried or not.

Thanks for your help...Goldenarrow :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

You may be dealing with file infector.

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.
Including a link to this thread will be helpful.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users