Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freaky audio - some instruments, no vocals

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 toddbeck

toddbeck

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

My ASUS laptop has just started outputting the freakiest audio. When I play an MP3 song or a YouTube video, it selectively removes certain instruments. In the case of one pop song, I hear only the piano--in reasonably good fidelity--but only faint or no guitars or vocals. Other songs remove different instruments. In the case of several people talking, most people are faint but some boom right through. Once after rebooting everything came back to normal, but now rebooting doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I've heard of those devices you can buy that remove vocals from karaoke songs by fine-tuning EQ. It's almost like that's happening to me. And/or my laptop is magically separating songs into individual tracks and muting some.

Any ideas how to fix that? According to DxDiag64, there is no reported hardware problem and all drivers are up to date.

ASUS G51JX-X2. June 2010. Integrated sound. 64-bit Win7.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users