Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

like an idiot i merged d: into c: now cant format

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adz63

adz63

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

lol like an idiot for some unknown reason a couple of months ago i merged d: into c: . now my com keeps blue screening and being very slow i wish to format it to factory setting . now when i try to format it says something like d; cant be found aborting . so im guessing my recovery/format option was on that drive .... is there a way to sort this out? as in unmerge and put the d: part of which is now 1 whole c: part back so i have c: and d: partitions .. if that makes any sense . thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

I don't think you can merge your recovery partition. What computer model is it? Please explain on how you went about that procedure.

Tekken

#3 adz63

adz63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Ok from what i can remember i had 3 partitions a pqservice my main c: and a d: . Now i merged the d with c thinking that it won't do no harm but now i want to format i can't get into the recovery to format normally i press either alt f10 or f8 then go through procedure install windows enter key etc . but now pressing alt f10 or 8 i can't get into it, it just boots normally . i have a recovery disk i downloaded and boot from cd but when i enter product key it says can't validate. so i leave it blank and press next so i can enter manually and now its telling me f\sources\install.wim does not exist error 0x80070002.

System is acer aspire m1610 .. cpu e2160 1.8ghz dual core . 2gb ram . nvidia 9400gt

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

have a recovery disk i downloaded and boot from cd but when i enter product key it says can't validate.

This could be your problem.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users