Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dawter

Dawter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'm running Windows XP SP3.
I don't use a firewall or antivirus. I haven't used them for years.
I'm not a green horn nor am I an expert on these things. But I have had some experience with virus's and Trojans.
I may get a virus once a year. I try to be careful of where I surf.
I use Malwarebytes & Spybot faithfully. I defrag every 2 weeks.
Having said that-
I use Firefox 8 and love it. I play Pogo games and had some problems with Firefox this past summer. Pogo suggested I download and install Google Chrome so I did. I use it only for playing Pogo games.
I use Internet Explorer 8 for my employment only. The company I work for has a website and a portal I have to go into to do my reports. It's set up for IE so that's what I use.
No problems until I began using Chrome.
I'm now getting Spyware. Spybot says it from Google Chrome, fixes it and all seems well.
Twice now I have gotten the Trojan.Vundo.H. Actually I think it is 3 variations of the Vundo.
It hijacks my IE homepage.
Malwarebytes finds it, quarantines it, then I delete it a day or so later. IE runs fine once again (although I detest using it.)

How likely is it that I'm getting these Trojans through Google Chrome?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Edited by Dawter, 15 November 2011 - 06:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

I don't use a firewall or antivirus. I haven't used them for years.

Well, the good start would be to start using them.

Without them I suspect no malware people will even want to deal with you since they'll consider it wasting of their time (after cleaning some new infection will happen next day).

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users