Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apparent Double video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stantech

stantech

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have a Dell Dimension E510 with Windows XP that has a video problem. After start up the video is fine, but after opening other windows it starts to develop rectangle blocks of video radomly on the screen. In the device manager there are 2 video display drivers, even though there is only intergrated video in the box. When I uninstall one of the drivers and reboot, the computer finds new hardware and wants to reinstall the driver. I checked the CMOS settigs and the video was set for auto detect. I set it for integrated video only and no change. I then uninstalled both drivers and reinstalled a new driver from Dell and still the same problem. My next thought is to try a video card unless someone has a better idea. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Did you rule out the monitor by checking on another PC? Have you tried safemode if pixelated is also present? I see that on BIOS that it has Video memory size settings and default.

Tekken

#3 stantech

stantech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:32 AM

To be honest, I did not rule out the monitor. I guess I just didn't consider it, but I will now. I did try safe mode and even tried changing the memory setting in teh CMOS as well.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

I believe that model supports two displays.

I personally would try a video card.

Edited by rotor123, 16 November 2011 - 05:23 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 stantech

stantech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Today I downsized the resolution and that seemed to fix the problem. I still thing I need a video card but this might be a good temp fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users