Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba thrive price?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sniper8752

sniper8752

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

I was looking at the toshiba thrive price online, and noticed its $300 instead of $400, on sale. is this a good time to buy it, do you think? or will the price get lower? and do you think it will stay this low?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

IMHO, I think these things are going to go down even lower. With the new nook and the new kindle, the market is going to get saturated fast.

#3 LSaff

LSaff

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

I think Grinler is right, although, admittedly, *I* couldn't resist the deal. It should arrive late today, and I have not had a new machine for a while, so it's a lot like an extended Christmas for me!

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

@LSaff,
Before you do anything, don't let updates run yet, head over to the expert forum for some excellent advice
http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/forum.php
Where did you get it, if WOOT, there've been problems, so going to the forum will be a really great thing to do.

Edited by tos226, 11 January 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#5 Badassery

Badassery

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

I've heard that the screen on these are very fragile and replacement digitizers are roughly $190. I was going to buy one but this was a major turn off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users