Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office volume license

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jodav

jodav

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Hi :)

Just a quick question regarding Microsoft office license installs.

I have just been working on an unbootable computer. Prior to this I asked the user what she would like me to back up regarding docs, music etc etc.
In conversation she told me that she had Office 2003 on the system, her software allowed her three licences to install on three different systems which she had done. I managed to fix the computer without loosing anything in the end.

My question is, would I have been able to reinstall Office and activate it just by reinstalling and supplying the VLK if I had reformatted and reinstalled the Operating System.

Thanks in advance of any replies.
jodav :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

You should be able to do so with no problem. If you do, however, have an issue you can simply call MS and they'll take care of it on the phone.

#3 jodav

jodav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Thanks a lot for answering my question Allan.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

Example: I have the upgrade version of Win 7, which allows me 3 installs on separate machines.

I have done multiple clean installs on both my systems...which used up two of my allowed installs. Installing multiple times on the same system as recognized via PA...has in no way affected my ability to do a third install on a different system.

The type of license...really has nothing to do with validation via PA...as long as the system data checks out.

Louis

#5 jodav

jodav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

Thats very good to know for the future hamluis :thumbup2:

Thanks for that information, I am now clear,