Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after running malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bldehere

bldehere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

Need some advice on how to fix BSOD after running malwarebytes. My kids somehow acquired a virus on my desktop pc. "privacy protection" was one, along with a browser hijacker of some sort. I started my pc up in safe mode downloaded the latest version of malwarebytes and ran the full scan, after running the full scan I selected to remove everything it found. Then rebooted my pc. After I rebooted my pc I found that the drivers for several my of programs, and for my cd/dvd burner had been deleted as well as system recovery. The computer runs in windows for about 5 minutes and then there pops up the BSOD that states windows has occurred an error. STOP: 0x0000008E. I tried rebooting to last known functioning start up with no luck. I purchased a program called System Boost Elite, which I ran and it really didn't seem to make any change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Does the BSOD also occur in Safe mode?
Could you post me the log of the MBAM scan?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users