Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bspagear

Bspagear

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hi everyone,

Getting a BSOD, mostly when I run Malwarebytes scans, chkdsk, and some other programs that "scan" my computer. It locks up, then goes to the blue screen.

The error I receive is:

111411-21684-01.dmp 11/14/2011 9:16:24 PM

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
0x0000007a
00000000`00000020
ffffffff`c000009d
fffffa80`0ad73708
00000000`00000000
ntoskrnl.exe
ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
NT Kernel & System
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Microsoft Corporation
6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
x64
ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
C:\Windows\Minidump\111411-21684-01.dmp 8

This is provided by BlueScreenView since I get a flash of the BSOD then it shuts down.
I also randomly get sent to a boot screen saying "Insert proper boot device or reboot" yada yada yada, usually after I've left the computer running to go do something. Never happens while I'm using it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bspagear

Bspagear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

I could really use some help. I'm very concerned that something is seriously wrong with my computer. It's brand new and I spent quite a bit on it.

#3 Bspagear

Bspagear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Bump.

#4 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hello bspagear,

What is the make and model of your system? Is it under warranty?

Error Message:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

This Stop message indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This Stop message is usually caused by a bad block (sector) in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, or failing RAM. In rare cases, it is caused when nonpaged pool resources run out. It is also caused by defective hardware.

Source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957628.aspx

You seem to be on the right track but confounded by the BSOD.

Since the computer is fairly new and chkdsk, malware scanners, etc. result in a BSOD and are unable to complete, my gut tells me to look further into malware (ie MBR, rootkit infection). Since some of the tools required to deal with these infections are powerful and can leave your computer unbootable if used improperly, my advice is to open a topic in Bleeping Computer's Am I Infected Forum to get competent assistance.

You could attempt to download and run your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility (extended test). If the windows utility freezes, try the bootable DOS version. Any errors reported by the utility should make you question the hard drive.

Memory could be tested by making the bootable CD from MenTest86+. There should be no errors after 4-5 passes.

Regards,
Brooks

#5 Miguel Leiva-Gomez

Miguel Leiva-Gomez

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

This happens because of a bad sector on a hard drive. Run CHKDSK on your computer using the command line.

Press "Start + R" on your computer and type "cmd" in the window that pops up. The "Start" key is the key on your computer that sits next to the "Alt" key on either side.

Once in the command line, type "chkdsk /r." Press "Enter" and restart your computer.
Get on the grind with The Tech Guy!

Posted Image

#6 Bspagear

Bspagear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Thanks guys, I'll take this advice and try it and get back to you all if it isn't resolved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users