Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine Keeps Redirecting,

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Handlebar

Handlebar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi:

I was getting the same problem as the topic title which is now locked. I followed the instructions through the ComboFix and have the logs. The only things that I noticed are that I had to start ComboFix again by clicking on it after the first reboot and I was still getting the error message "The instruction at "0x7c901w78........." which haven't occurred since the second reboot when ComboFix came up and created its log.
I restarted my virus protections (MS Security Essentials) and started a full scan. Also, re-enabled the firewall and went to DeFogger.exe and did the re-enable there. My question is of course, do I need to do anything else?

Yours truly and thanks,

Handlebar.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

Hello,

1) I have no idea what topic you're referring to. The topics change order frequently.

2) It is unwise to follow malware removal instructions provided for another computer. You could turn your computer into an expensive doorstop.

3) Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button. Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the reply.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs, include the ComboFix log, and describe what happens when you try to create the other logs.

Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Handlebar

Handlebar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Attached are the logs I have.
Handlebar

Attached Files

#4 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi,

is the problem persisting or did it stop after you ran the tools?

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Handlebar

Handlebar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hi:

The browsers seem to be running normally but the hard drives seem to be running constantly or more frequently than I would expect.

Thanks for looking Myrti.

Edited by Handlebar, 20 November 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#6 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

In that case please post a new log from dds and also post a log by gmer:
Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.

Posted Image
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

#7 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,771 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users