Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing at "Repair Your Computer" startup option

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ahrin

Ahrin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

I recently had some virus issues, which are mostly resolved now as far as I can tell (Rkill, AVG full computer scan and Anti-Rootkit scan, Malwarebytes full scan, Spybot S&D, and a System Restore have taken care of nearly everything), but I'd like to do a Factory Image Restore and can't. I have a Dell M5030 running Windows 7 Premium (I'm not sure if any other specs are related to this issue). I've backed up my files, and I know that I need to hit F8 as the computer boots up, and select "Repair Your Computer" to start a Factory Image Restore, but when I do this, the computer freezes after the progress bar fills up. I've been unable to find any information on why this happens-- I think I read somewhere that a USB drive is being mistaken for the main drive, and removing the USB drive would solve the problem, but I can't find where I read that and I'm not sure if I'm mistaking it for another search I did when I was experiencing other issues or how reliable it is. I don't have my Windows 7 Installation Disc-- it's at another family member's house, as I wasn't expecting to stay at this house as long as I have, and it's not going to be available to me for some time. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer on what the issue is here, and how to resolve it and restore my laptop to its factory image.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users