Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Is Better Norton Security Suite or CA Security Center?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aotd

aotd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hi, I'm new to internet security systems so please bear with me as I explain, Which is considered the better choice Norton Security Suite or CA Security Center? Can I have both on my computer? Also I clicked on the link for "Antimalware, And Antispyware Resources" and I am wondering should I add some of these applications in addition to the Norton & or the CA:
- Spyware & Malware Removal Utilities
- Spyware Protection Programs
- Online/Virus Scanners
- Malware/Virus Specific Cleaners or References
- Spyware Removal Tools
- Tools to help prevent Spyware
Or are these types of applications all a part of the Norton & or the CA.
Any help will be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

You ask a common question for which you will receive varying opinions and recommendations. There is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone and there is no best anti-virus. Please see Choosing an Anti-Virus Program.

Before to read the note why using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable.

After reading that, scroll up to the first topic posting and read Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

THe BEST security is a reputable program-either free or purchased-that YOU like and works well with your system.

It's the one that you decide is easy to understand and use. There is no one size fits all when it comes to computer security. At least not with firewalls and antivirus. What works well for one person may not play nice with someone else's system. Some people have no issues with a program, someone else may find it slows his/her system down to a crawl. The key is to find something that works for you and doesn't impact your system in a negative way.

If you are thinking about purchasing a program, see if that program has a free trial offer. If it does, download and install it. This will give you a chance to find out how it works, if it's user friendly, if it plays nice with your system. I installed McAfee antivirus years ago, it made my system crawl slower than a turtle.
A lot of issues can be avoided simply by using "test driving".
And if you like the program-wait until the trial period is almost over. If at any point you provided your email address to the vendor they may send you an email offering a purchase discount.

Does your ISP offer free internet security to customers? If so, that is an option to explore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users