Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inbox.com malware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sonic98

Sonic98

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of Inbox.com. I ran Malwarebytes and just about all the other spyware scanners. I uninstalled toolbars and anything else that looked suspicious, but it still kept taking over IE's homepage. Even going into the registry and changing the homepage, removing inbox.com keys, and setting up a no homepage page protection, still was only a temporary fix. Simply changing the homepage seemed to be a permanent fix for Firefox. I was actually on my way run DDS and some of the other problems so I could have logs to post, but it looks like the person with the effected computer decided to just go ahead and do a full system recovery. Anyone had any experience with it in case I run across it again?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users