Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore virus removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Magma

Magma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

I ran Malewarebytes successfuly, but my laptop does have any indexed files and search will only work in non-indexed locations. I tried to re-index, and also to rebuild index to no avail. My McAfee software will not run. Many of my files say empty including most of my Dell files and Administrative tools.
I followed maleware removal instruction from step six.

I downloaded and ran Defogger successfully.

I downloaded and ran DDS. It did not appear to execute, although there was increased disk activity. After waiting about 10 minutes, I gave up.

I did not download GMER because because I have a 64 bit system.

This brings me to creating a new topic as instructed in step 9

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Hello and welcome. I moved you from Vista to the Am I Infected forum.

This infection family will also hide all the files on your computer from being seen. To make your files visible again, please download the following program to your desktop:

Unhide.exe

Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives. If there are any files that were purposely hidden by you, you will need to hide them again after this tool is run.

Run RKill....

Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Please follow our Removal Guide here How to remove Google Redirects. You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

If it finds something make sure Cure is selected
Next click Continue then Reboot now
A log file should be created on your C: drive named "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents in your next reply.

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

Edited by boopme, 14 November 2011 - 03:28 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users