Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 Boot Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Perturabo

Perturabo

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hello all.

I recently made the switch to 64bit Windows Professional (brand new clean install). During the install, we discovered the SATA ports on my motherboard were malfunctioning, but were still able to install windows correctly. I have a new replacement ASUS P8P67 Pro now, and everything has been working fine up until about 3 days ago.

Now, whenever I restart or power down/power up my computer, one of 5 things happens:
It starts up fine,
It freezes at the Windows loading screen (spinning color orbs),
It freezes at the desktop (spinning loading symbol still present, but can't interact with system at all, icons stop loading in as well)
Blackscreen after Windows loading screen with no indication as to what is happening,
BSOD.

On the chance that the system loads fine, the system is totally functional. I'm posting from this computer right now, and I can also play games, etc. We've checked out the startup processes and system services, but nothing we change makes any difference.

Looking through the Windows event logs, dozens of errors pop up every time the system fails to load. Just a few are:

"DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service MSIServer with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"
"The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start."
"DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}"

and plenty of others, if there's a way to post the logs, and you need them, please tell me.

After seeing all of the errors that seem to be network-related, we decided reinstalling the Intel network drivers would be a good idea. Upon doing so, AVG immediately caught and quarantined a risk, a file apparently linked to the network drivers "IQVW64E.SYS" There's still an identical file in the windows drivers folder, and the network still seems to be working (I'm posting here after all). I have no idea what to do about this.

When it fails to load, starting windows in Safe Mode ALWAYS works. This is leading me to believe some kind of driver or service is making the system hang. Restarting from Safe Mode has the same 1 in 5 chances and powering on/off.

I definitely need some help here, we have reached the end of what we know how to diagnose. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

There is hardware and software related problem on your case. Have you check hardware temps. lately? Or cleaning out dust and dirt on your computer? Have you run diagnostic test for the hard drive and your RAM module? Posting the complete specs. would help also.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users