Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Browser stops working after 5-10 minutes?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 risingsun9

risingsun9

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hello,

This has been happening for a good few days now. Every time I open up a web browser (any web browser), it works fine, but it will stop working after 5-10 minutes. By not working, I mean it will not load any pages I try to access. However, my internet connection appears to be fine as I can play World of Warcraft and use Skype as well as AIM normally at any time of day. I'm really hoping to find a solution to this soon, as it's a royal pain.

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Please post your Computer model and operating system. What errors or messages when you get disconnected? Are you connecting by wired or wireless? What browser have you tried in checking the problem? What protection software/firewall are installed?

Tekken

#3 risingsun9

risingsun9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

Compaq SR2150NX (although I've upgraded the RAM, CPU, and mobo since the purchase) running Windows 7. No errors or messages show. It just simply stops loading pages until I close, and re-open the previously closed tabs. Even then sometimes it won't fix itself. Wired connection. The same problem happens in IE and Google Chrome. Don't use Firefox anymore, but I assume I'd get the same result. Basic windows firewall, although I have home and public network firewalls turned off. I had ESET Smart Security on my computer for a while with a free trial I got with a piece of computer hardware, but that expired about a month ago.

Let me know if there's any more info you need, thanks.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Did you remove all traces of your ESET antivirus? If not then go here http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289
What's your current antivirus? I suggest turning on your Windows firewall.

Tekken

#5 risingsun9

risingsun9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

As I attempted to run through the steps, cmd issues plenty of warnings to me in losing file data, having the program mess with my internet connection, etc. Are there any risks involved with doing this?

In any case, I used the basic uninstaller in the ESET folder just to get started.

Additionally, I'm not sure if this would affect anything, but my OS has gone off on me (probably because of a hardware upgrade), telling me that my copy of Windows 7 isn't genuine. Could this be causing this problem, or not?

Firewalls have been turned on.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

What's the update? Did you read the manual uninstaller? http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2116

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users