Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

not sure, but want a second opinion I guess

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gemmy1082

Gemmy1082

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

This might be nothing, but I just want to make sure since I tend to move files back and forth between my desktop and laptop. Don't want to run the risk of infecting the other.

So a while back my computer bluescreen upon startup. I have heard that computers can bluescreen due to virus, so I scanned my computer but it came up clean. Then the other day my antivirus detected an infection, which was successfully moved to the virus chest. I don't know if the two instances would be connected since its a while ago, but I actually use this computer about twice a week only so while it bluescreen a little less then a month ago, I've only used the computer maybe 7 times between then and now. I also preformed a bootscan which came up clean, except I noticed that some of my Zip files came up as corrupt when I know for a fact that they weren't before (possible due to the infection?)I noticed that the run time of the scan when "infected" took twice as long to complete. I just ran a scan and the scan finished at the normal timing I came to expect, however it resulted in "Some files could not be scanned" which seems like it might be avast virus definitions as the location of the files that was un-scannable is avast\defs\11111201. Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware scan came up clean, this was ran after moving the infection to the virus chest but before the boot scan (not sure if that matters.)

Also I've been having problems with my mouse, though I guess it could be the mouse that is at fault, but it'll run normal at times and at other time it'll double click when I've only clicked once. This problem has been for a while, and continues to exist.

so yeah, I just want a second opinion. Should I be worried that Avast couldn't scan some files? This is the first time I received this message. Should I be worried about my mouse problem?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this is nothing and I'm just being a bit paranoid/over-worried for nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users