Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computrer slowed down and getting frequent 'Not Responding' messages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pauly & Nicola

Pauly & Nicola

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

I have for some time had problems with my computer slowing down and suffering from frequent bouts of 'Not Responding' on applications, mainly Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.

I previously enquired via Malware Forum - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic416137.html/page__view__getnewpost

They advised there were no malware issues and suggested I try this forum.

My computer is now at the stage where it is periodically unusable, so any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

My computer is now at the stage where it is periodically unusable

Can you please elaborate a bit more on "unusable".
Any of the following issues can be described as "grenally unstable or unusable" -
Do you get error messages, total shutdowns, Blue screens, short stoppages, video or sound breakups, or other general issues.

I only scanned your topic with m0le in the Malware area, but that seemed to be all clear.

Thanks -

Edited for Spelling Errors only -

Edited by noknojon, 13 November 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#3 Pauly & Nicola

Pauly & Nicola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Apologies for slow response. By unusable I mean it takes ages to do anything on Internet Explorer, incl taking 5 mins to open up after I launch IE icon, and then getting frequent 'Not Responding' messages when trying to use IE, which sometimes resolve themselves and IE works again or I give up and I need to close down, frequently from Task Manager as unable to close from IE.

Don't get any of the symptoms you refer to.

Not very helpful I'm afraid, but if someone could help me resolve this it would be great. Alternative s I just give up and buy another laptop!

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users