Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TickyBox

TickyBox

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

Hey all. I did a total reformat and fresh install two days ago, and the internet connection has been intermittent ever since. It will be fine for maybe 5-10 minutes then it will drop for the same amount of time if not longer and then come back. I know it's not a problem with program interference as the first thing I did after windows finished installing was open IE so I could download Firefox and the signal dropped almost immediately. This is a wired connection hooked up to a 2Wire at&t UVerse cable modem. LAN is integrated with the mobo. Here's what I've done so far:

- All motherboard drivers are up to date downloaded directly from the website (Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P Rev 1.0)
- Flushed DNS
- Reset winsock
- Connected to both the modem directly and the Tenda switch
- Disabled IPv6
- Disabled all sleep functions
- Reset the router several times
- Tried different network settings

It didn't have this problem with XP, at least until the OS corrupted which necessitated the format. The other two computers, one wired desktop and one wireless laptop, both running 7 do not have this issue, so any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

Its either the network adapter is faulty or protection software features installed, IMO.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users