Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Problem about urlseek.vmn.net

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cantaput

cantaput

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

Hi
Sorry for my poor English as I am not native speaker. If any phase make you confuse, please notice me and sorry for inconvinience.
I have a problem about Urlseek.vmn.net 2 days ago. It appear during using www.google.com on Googlechrome. It changes the url to www.google.com/search.php and some of url got /search.php too.
After that, it seems that google chrome break off a bit before can open the website. It can open general website, but stop loading before can open is annoying. (stop loading around 5-6 sec, everytime open new websites that had not been opened)
Then I try to use internet from firefox. The result is the website dose not load.

So, I go to search about urlseek.vmn.net and find that it is malware.
At that time, I feel computer is slower and slower since time past.

Then I ran the following:
-Iobit Malware fighter
-Malware search (from Advanced system care4)
-Malwarebytes (full scan)
-CCleaner
-Spynomore (I search in google and find this answer, unfortunately I find in the internet search that spynomore is malware.)
-Spydoctors
-Avira anti-virus (Avira cannot update. So, I go to download Virus Definition from its website and run full scan)

All of these shows the result of unrelated to urlseek.vmn.net, and the internet is stop loading a bit before open the website.

So, I uninstall firefox and found that computer is faster. However, the same symthom of GoogleChrome remains the same.

When I open GoogleChrome, I found that Task manager show two process "chrome.exe" which one of process take memory around 70,000k and the other takes around 20,000k
I open the new tap, then task manager show one more 20,000k memory process "chrome.exe". Is this signal for malware?

So, I uninstall GoogleChrome and Install it again. It shows the memory process the same as before.

Then I found this website. I try to read related topics and founding that the advices are so different. I do not know how to follow it. Then I decide to post here.

Thank you for you helping and your time.
Regards,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Urlseek.vmn.netek is associated with the VMN Toolbar which collects personal information and redirects the browser to alternatives when a site is not found (404 error).

Many toolbars, Add-ons, screensavers, and weather monitoring programs come bundled with other software and can be the source of various issues and problems. They usually can be removed via Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7, so always check there first.

Chrome.exe is a legitimate process related to the Google Chrome web browser. Multiple copies of chrome.exe, referred to as process-per-tab, list in Task Manager is intentional by design as a crash control. Each Chrome tab is treated as it's own individual process for the life of tab meaning it is treated as a separate process so that multiple tabs can run with less problems. In the event of a browser crash or hang in one tab, this feature prevents the entire browser from closing down. Google Chrome creates three types of processes (browser, renderers, and plug-ins) and has its own built-in Task Manager which is accessed by right-clicking on the browser's title bar. The Chrome Task Manager lets you track resource usage for each individual tab and lets you kill any tabs that have stopped responding without having to restart the entire browser. For more specific details, please refer to:There are numerous comments about this at the Chrome Help forum. See Multiple chrome.exe in Task Manager.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 cantaput

cantaput
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

Thank you so much! It clear my problem in my mind. It make me feel better, not so anxious.

Um..It seems my computer back to normal. If anything wrong, I will try contact for help again.

Thank you again! :)

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016