Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 henabs

henabs

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

Hey,
I just got my computer back and running, its been outta commision for a while now. anyways I still have problems. My computer wont work properly meaning I cannot install anything without the computer crashing. I thought it was probably some kind of spyware or something but I'll leave the diagnostics to the experts. I get a message from "Messenger Service" stating "STOP! YOUR COMPUTER REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION" and some kind of download instructions. Everytime I goto close the window a new window pops-up and tells me to download something else from another web-site. Usually something to do with registry repair. So what ever the steps you need me to take please advise me and I'll proceed accordingly. I have the computer Internet ready so I am able to check this regularly. Thank you for all your help in-advance.

Henabs.
"Im always off in my own little world, but thats okay, they know me there"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:32 AM

Hi henabs

There are a large number of possible reasons for your computer problems. The first thing we need to do is to disable to messenger service, to stop you getting that pop-up.

Go here and follow the instructions to disable the service. The fact that you are getting other pop-ups that are telling you to download a program to fix certain errors would suggest an infection of some sort.

My computer wont work properly meaning I cannot install anything without the computer crashing.

Whether this is due to malware (malicious software) of any kind is dubious and we won't know until we take a deeper look into your system. It could be an infection that is causing this but it could also be a hardware/software issue. It's impossible to tell from the info you have given me (not saying it's not enough, but hopefully you get the picture).

I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review. I bet you are wondering what HijackThis is. Well it's a program that is simply able to show others what's going on inside your computer, in terms of infection etc.. Let them know that you asked here, and perhaps include a link to this topic.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please wait for a few days and one of our experts will get onto fixing your computer for you.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users