Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BretGris

BretGris

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

A friend of mine is having an email issue and I can not explain or figure it out. He will get an email from someone and hit reply and send the message back - and the person may or may not get the email. He just sent an email to me using 3 different addresses - I got the email at only 1 account. All three addresses looked fine. I even viewed them in the message header. I hit reply all and did not get the message at my other 2 accounts. However if I hit reply all and manually typed these addresses in - message was received in the other accounts instantly. He is using Outlook 2007 and I am using Outlook 2003. Any Ideas / suggestions ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/troubleshoot-i-can-send-but-not-receive-e-mail-messages-HA001111702.aspx

Tekken

#3 BretGris

BretGris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for the reply - but that is not the issue. Outlook can send and receive emails fine. But on *some* emails - they are sent but never received. Again the example is he sent an email to 3 of my accounts - yahoo, private domain, and a corporate server. I got the email at the private domain but not the other 2 accounts. The addresses were correct. I hit reply all and the message was not received by the yahoo or corporate account. Again from the same message - I hit reply all and deleted the yahoo and corporate address and typed them in manually - they were received by the other 2 accounts. The addresses appeared to be correct in the address lines as well as the message header (options - view header). But something must be amiss with the message. This happens with a number of email addresses he reply's to - but again NOT all. And one the email is in his address book - it is useless. But looks absolutely correct.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Have you tried configuring your accounts settings in yahoo to accept incoming messages? See this link http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_getyahoofree.htm

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users