Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Installing WLAN card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Airanth

Airanth

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hi,

I am trying to install the WLAN driver for Dell Dimension 9200C desktop computer running Windows XP but I keep getting the error that no compatible hardware was found. I've gone to the appropriate Dell Drivers site for the computer's model and I'm 99% sure I downloaded the correct software for WLAN: Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN MiniCard. After going to Device Manager and looking under "Network Adapters", there is no Dell WLAN card at all (direct ethernet connection for internet works). Is it possible that the computer cannot find the WLAN network card, which prevents me from installing the driver software, even though it exists? If so, what can I do? If not, I guess I'll go buy a USB network adapter... Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Looking at the manuals for said system, I see no mention of wireless capability.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9200C/en/SM_EN/specs.htm#wp1052631

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9200C/en/index.htm

Louis

#3 Airanth

Airanth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Ah ok thanks! I should've checked that first before wasting time. I assumed that the system would have the WLAN card if there is driver software for it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users