Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAM Problems?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 element93

element93

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

So I've been having a lot of trouble with my custom build lately, and I was wondering if you guys could help me diagnose the problem. It all started when one day my computer wouldn't start, I couldn't even go into the bios, it would freeze at a black screen. So I took everything apart, dusted out my system and put everything back together and it seemed to work. But after that Windows started to mess up and give me weird errors and the occasional blue screen. At the time I didn't know about dump files, so I didn't save any of them. I kept getting blue screens while browsing the internet and trying to load things, and on start up it would say that my hard drive was "Unconfigured" where as before it would say "Free." So in my desperation, I reinstalled windows again, and upon the first boot it blue screened. I went into my bios and set all my hardware clocks back to the stock settings my motherboard uses, and it stayed stable. Then after a few hours, I tested out my overclock settings again (I use OC Genie on my msi board, so there shouldn't be any voltage errors) and it blue screened on boot. I set everything back to stock again and it stabilized again. I've ran chkdsk.exe, memtest86+, and I've stress tested my graphics card with furmark at 1920x1080 and it stayed right at 32 fps no problems, everything seems stable, no errors. My Bccodes have ranged from 124's, 1a's, and even a 4e. Only the most recent dump file has saved. Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be motherboard related. I got up the courage to clock my ram back up to 1600, and that's stable now. I do get weird graphical glitches in Battlefield 3 and Skyrim though, like weird 2d walls in the sky and such. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Specs:
CPU: i5 2500k
GPU: GTX 570
RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair Vengeance RAM DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair TX 850w.
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD80 G3
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM Caviar Black

It won't allow me to upload the dump file for some reason.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 element93

element93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Bump

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

If you do overclock on your Computer it will make something be unstable.
But if you still want to OC something then you need to find the right clock. You need to test it one by one until you find the right clock. This will be very frustating if you doesn't know how to OC.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 element93

element93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

The only thing I'm doing right now is clocking my RAM up to 1600, which it's supposed to run at. I'm leaving my cpu at stock for now. I'm still getting game crashes once in a while and weird graphical glitches in game though, which makes me think there's a hardware fault or glitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users