This looks great. We should clean the Temps and coockies and see if there are any remnants and then we can mop up. Toolbox showed Java™ 6 Update 29 (Version: 6.0.290)
The latest is JRE7.. I'll post full instructions after the last claening step.
Next run ATF and SAS:Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner
and then SUPERAntiSpyware
, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update
Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close
" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.
Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete
" choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected
button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program
NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive
Perform a Complete
scan. After scan,Verify they are all
on the summary screen to quarantine all
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes"
and reboot normally.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
, then click the Statistics/Logs
Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current
dated log and press View
A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply
to exit the program.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
: Your version of Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 7 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "Java Platform, Standard Edition".
- Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- From the list, select your OS and Platform (32-bit or 64-bit).
- If a download for an Offline Installation is available, it is recommended to choose that and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
> Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
or Programs and Features
in Vista/Windows 7 and remove all
older versions of Java.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u1-windows-i586-s.exe (or jre-7u1-windows-x64.exe for 64-bit) to install the newest version.
- If using Windows 7 or Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
- If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
- The McAfee Security Scan Plus tool is installed by default unless you uncheck the McAfee installation box when updating Java.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe)
adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications but it's not necessary.
To disable the JQS service
if you don't want to use it:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.
- Click Ok and reboot your computer.
You are welcome!!