Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't acess internet Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Master Qiang

Master Qiang

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

I am doing this on a separate PC since the PC that is infected cannot access the internet. Our family put in a new driver with a new internet interface card and it still wouldn't access it. My father believes someone was tunneling on the network or something like that and he shut it off. What should we do now? Thanks for your help in advanced. :)

Also we noticed something kept trying to get it and the anti-virus kept trying to block it, so we believe they actually got in.

Edited by Master Qiang, 11 November 2011 - 04:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue. You can download the programs to a flash drive, then transfer them to the sick computer. Once you have created the logs, you can save them to the flash drive, then post them using the working computer.

Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Master Qiang

Master Qiang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

Good news! I terminated the virus causing the problem. My father went back to an earlier date with system restore but the internet was still not working. The way it was acting and I was looking it up on Google *With lot of questionable sites* I figured it was a root kit. I got my thumb drive and loaded it with Kaspersky Tdsskiller and right away it found. Rootkit.Win32.Patchload.u on three files and it cured it and restarted the PC. The computer was much faster then before and it took a second before the internet back roaring back up.

My father made the decision of getting a new Anti-Virus indeed of CC internet security suit. He likes the ones where you pay, he wasn't too interested in AVG or Avast! So when we tried to get a trail version it said it couldn't be installed with another Anti-Virus on (I know having two anti-viruses is a big no no) We couldn't get it to uninstall in the control panel since it would get stuck. Finally we had to manually remove it from the registry (What a nightmare looking through all those uninstall files and making sure not a trace of it was left.) We did it, installed it and its running great.

Later on I will check with Malwarebytes and all to make sure its all clean.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users