Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media players slow, Photoshop slow, freezing/lagging laptop..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Supreme Edgeboy Max

Supreme Edgeboy Max

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hello hello. Windows 7 Home Premium, 3GB RAM, Intel Core i7 on a Dell Studio 1457 laptop.
Refer to the topic HERE for boopme's history on my malware checks from a few days ago and reinstallation of Avira 2012 as it stopped working with similar symptoms as described below.

The problems that exist now are,
Video files begin to lag at random during playback. One moment it's playing fine for a good while and suddenly, lagging. Same issue in Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic and VLC Media Player. Also, VLC takes an unbearably long time to execute.
Photoshop takes too long to execute, then lags when I'm working on large files.
Firefox slows down and freezes at random as well.

I run Ccleaner regularly and defrag once a month.

How do I get my programs running normally again?

Edited by Supreme Edgeboy Max, 11 November 2011 - 04:02 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users