Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hi all,once again,another problem.My daughter has a Dell desktop with Vista installed.Sp-1 is installed.Sp-2 and IE8 comes up in windows update.I tried on several occasions to install SP-2 but it says I need to install SP-1 first.It already is.When I install IE8 it says installation complete.It takes me through the steps to set up IE8 but when I open the browser it Says IE7.I also downloaded the two upates from the website and install manually but still doesn't work.It says both were completed,don't know what else to do.Does anyone have any suggestions,Thanx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Right-click on My Computer...click Properties.

Post the data reflected on the General tab (you can skip the OK/Cancel buttons :)).

Then go Start/Run...type winver and hit Enter. Post the data appearing.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 11 November 2011 - 02:42 PM.

#3 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Thanx for the quick response,will do as soon as I get back over there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users