Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ciao tutti

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 italiana

italiana

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hi all,

My name is Giovanna. I'm an 17 year-old Italian living in Belgium and I am - yes, such people DO still exist :huh: - a complete computer neophyte. In other words, I don't know much more about computers than how to turn the machine on and off, how to access the internet and google a bit. And I can use Microsoft Word, and print a document. I'm patting myself on the back that I have managed to register at this site and am now posting a message. I have never personally owned a computer, learned a bit to work with them in school and occasionally was allowed to use my dad's, but that's it. But all this is about to change!

At least, I hope it is. Thing is, my father has bought a new computer, and gave me his old one. It's a Thinkpad, with Windows Vista. But the machine doesn't work well, that's the only way I can put it now. Starting up and trying to alter/add programs I get a message that there is no more available room on the C-drive SW_preload (o bytes of 55GB available). I don't know exactly what the problem is. could it be that over the years too much (junk/worthless) programs have been installed on the laptop. But how do I know what things I can safely uninstall so as not to interfere with the essential software for the computer and the internet? Or can it be that due to, let's call it bad computer/internet hygiene, something "alien to my computer" has installed itself on the laptop and is eating up all the space of the hard disk, or "using" is my computer through internet.
I guess I first have a lot of reading to do on this site, even if to just pinpoint the problem. I hope you, computer aficionados, are willing and able to help me to get my computer in good shape again. Already a hearty thanks from me to you in advance!

Between brackets, the weather here in Belgium is surprisingly mild for the time of year (16 degrees Celsius today), we stíll don't have a government, but we keep on smiling :lol:

Salve a tutti,
Giovanna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users