Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem ripping cd's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blocka

blocka

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Hi , i am having trouble ripping cd's. I mainly use Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 but the same problem happens if i use Itunes or Windows Media player . What happens is that the ripping starts but after 20 seconds or so the progress bar stops and justs sits in the same place. After 5 mins or so the ripping starts again but stops not long after. This repeats many times and eventually the cd is completely ripped. The rip process takes anything up to an hour. Happens no matter to what drive i rip and with all cd's. I am using Windows 7 have a AMD Athlon X2 and have plenty of room on the drives. Any suggestions. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

That's about how long it takes me to rip a c.d. for trades. I use EAC in paranoia mode, to be sure that I get an exact copy of the original. So the ripping process is just like you described. I'm thinking that it's normal, as long as you get an exact copy. (Warning: EAC can be difficult to set up properly)

Doesn't usually take that long if I use iTunes though. So, I don't know. Maybe someone else has a better answer.

#3 Nightspear

Nightspear

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

Personally, I use Audio Grabber for all my music ripping. It is small and exceeds my CD ripping needs, I have never had a problem with it. However, there are probably better ripping programs out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users